CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 2, 2012

I'd Rather Be Sitting By The Fire


Winter is a beautiful time of year, but it can make me feel run down and tired. Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated and active.But, I know I must get off my toochie and keep my body moving.


Today is one of those days, it's cold and dreary outside and is chilly in the house, despite my layered clothes and the fire going. All I want to do is cuddle up in my comfy blanket and read all day. I'm just not feeling the whole exercise thing at the moment.


So, I came up with a plan. I'll allow myself thirty minutes of reading time by the fire this morning, then I'll make a steaming cup of green tea, throw on my snow boots and head towards our frozen pond. I'll bring my camera in the hopes of seeing some kind of wild life out and about. Then I'll walk home and reward myself with a bowl of homemade white bean soup I have simmering in the crockpot.


Taking walks in the cold and snow always invigorates me and prepares me for my daily routine. I love going for walks on our property and taking pictures.


How do you movitate yourself during the long winter months?

2 comments:

echo said...

You followed my "echoes Voice" and I came to check out your site. This really touched me. I get really down on the colorless days too,so I use walks and my camera and my fire as therapy too, and I painted part of the inside of my house in hot summer colors.

Dixie

Milan said...

You have such a serene blog. I enjoy walking through the forest that borders my property and taking photos. My dog is a big motivator, she loves the snow and is always nudging me toward the door with her leash in her mouth.
Milan